NHS team of Community Midwives and Maternity Care Assistants.
Provide care for you during your pregnancy and in the early days when you are at home with your baby
- Choice of birth environments where partners are welcome to stay during birth and their baby’s first day(s)
- High quality standards of care, we have achieved the highest standard for safety as determined by national standards regardless of place of birth.
- We follow national and local innovations in practice
- Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating (2014) Excellent and Good
- Opportunity to visit all of our birth environments
- Antenatal care provided by a small team of midwives
- Additional screening if you are rhesus negative
- Seamless transfer to Health visiting services for continuity of care
As midwives at North Bristol NHS Trust (NBT) we are proud to be able to offer a variety of birth environments. We will discuss these with you at your first appointment. Choice for where to have your baby includes at home, at Cossham Birth Centre (standalone centre), at the Mendip Birth Centre (co-located) and at the Central Delivery Suite (obstetric unit). For more information please read the leaflets:
Did you know?
The Wellspring building houses three separate organisations that are dedicated to providing health and wellbeing services (the GP surgery, the dental practice and us, the Wellspring Healthy Living Centre). The GP surgery and Dental practice, who we work with closely to offer support services for wellbeing, are distinct from our organisation. Please ensure you use the correct contact details when getting in touch.
Contacting the Midwifery team
For all enquiries and to book appointments please call 0117 414 6743
In order that we can make a booking appointment for us to meet you, please complete:
We will then contact you to arrange your booking appointment with the midwife. We aim to see you before 12 weeks
Please download and complete the following documentation ready for your booking appointment:
Bristol Against Violence and Abuse www.bava.org.uk
Bristol City Council Children’s Centres www.bristol.gov.uk/page/children-and-young-people/childrens-centres
Can Parent www.canparent.org.uk
Maternity voices www.maternityvoices.org.uk
NHS Smokefree www.nhs.uk/smokefree
Start for life www.nhs.uk/start4life
UK National Screening Committee www.screening.nhs.uk/annbpublications
Child restraints www.gov.uk/child-car-seats-the-rules
Caring for your baby at night